Q&A -Ask Doubts and Get AnswersPrevious Next
Microorganisms: Friend and Foe
Write 10 lines on the usefulness of microorganisms in our lives.
Microorganisms play an important role in our lives. Microorganisms are useful for us because of the following reasons:
(1) Some bacteria (Lactobacillus) are responsible for the formation of curd from milk.
(2) They are used to make bread and cakes.
(3) Some microorganisms like bacteria and fungi decompose the organic matter present in dead plants and animals and convert it into simple substances which mix up with the soil and are again used by the plants for their growth.
(4) Rhizobium is a bacteria (present in the root nodules of leguminous plants), it fixes atmospheric nitrogen gas and enriches the fertility of the soil by releasing nitrogen compounds in the soil.
(5) Microorganisms are used for the manufacture of alcohol, beer, wine, and vinegar on large scale. In this sugar of grains is converted into alcohol by yeast. This process is known as fermentation.
(6) They are used to make antibiotics. Large numbers of antibiotics like Penicillin, Streptomycin, and Erythromycin are produced from bacteria and fungi.
(7) Certain microbes are used to treat sewage and industrial effluents.
(8) They are used to prepare vaccines for various harmful diseases.
(9) Some bacteria are present in our body that help in the proper digestion of the food.
(10) Yeast is used in the preparation of Indian delicacies like Idli, bhaturas etc.
Related Questions for Study
What our students and parents say about us!
Saiyam is using EduSaksham online courses from past one year. He is able to complete his tutorials, worksheets, and assignments on his own. Once he is done with worksheets, he can check his answers and if he has done any mistakes, then he can check the correct answers and explanations. They have been given so well that he is able to understand them himself and rarely he asks us for any clarification. He enjoys using the platform and has learned and improved a lot in Mathematics. I would recommend EduSaksham to all parents who want their kids to learn in a structured way and also enjoy the learning process.
Neeraj (Saiyam's Father)
I would like to thank Edusaksham on behalf of my son Aditya who attended " Math Olympiad crash course for 5 weeks". As per Aditya, this course helped him to understand new topics like Roman numerals and decimal places which were not taught in his school till date and had a better understanding of other topics. I personally thank EduSaksham for all the help and support.
Geeta Bansal (Aditya's Mother)
We had a good experience with EduSaksham. Because sheets are available online, Vedant enjoyed doing more and more sheets without any reminders. I could leave him on his own as he was very much motivated to cover the topics. Practice is very important in maths but it becomes difficult for us to prepare sheets, I am glad we found EduSaksham where in a lot of in a lot of sheets are available for practice and the quality of questions are also good. As it's a venture from IITians we could think of giving it a try and I am glad we tried
Shikha Chowdhary (Vedant's Mother)
I have grown up in a family where my father used to give me practice maths paper every day which I need to finish before I go to play. I think that strong foundation of solving new questions every day helped me to clear my IITJEE exam. But as working women, I always had time challenge to create practice Math papers for my daughter. Thanks to EduSaksham, their questions are so logical and conceptual that I don't feel the guilt of not creating practice questions by myself :). There are plenty of worksheet along with the tutorials for each chapter. It has made parents life easier :) And the best part is my daughter loves doing it. Thank you EduSaksham.