Q&A -Ask Doubts and Get Answers
Questions List of Chapter 4: Carbon and Its Compounds
- Question 1 - What would be the electron dot structure of carbon dioxide which has the formula CO2?
- Question 2 - What would be the electron dot structure of sulphur which is made up of eight atoms of sulphur?
- Question 3 - How many structural isomers can you draw for pentane?
- Question 4 - What are the two properties of carbon which lead to the huge number of carbon compounds we see around us?
- Question 5 - What will be the formula and electron dot structure of cyclopentane?
- Question 6 - Draw the structures for the following compounds : (i) Ethanoic acid (ii) Bromopentane (iii) Butanone (iv) Hexanal Are structural isomers possible for bromopentane?
- Question 7 - How would you name the following compounds?
- Question 8 - Why is the conversion of ethanol to ethanoic acid an oxidation reaction?
- Question 9 - A mixture of oxygen and ethyne is burnt for welding. Can you tell why a mixture of ethyne and air is not used?
- Question 10 - How would you distinguish experimentally between an alcohol and a carboxylic acid?
- Question 11 - What are oxidising agents?
- Question 12 - Would you be able to check if water is hard by using a detergent?
- Question 13 - People use a variety of methods to wash clothes. Usually after adding the soap, they ‘beat’ the clothes on a stone, or beat it with a paddle, scrub with a brush or the mixture is agitated in a washing machine
- Question 14 - Ethane, with the molecular formula C2H6 has
- Question 15 - Butanone is a four-carbon compound with the functional group:
- Question 16 - While cooking, if the bottom of the vessel is getting blackened on the outside, it means that:
- Question 17 - Explain the nature of the covalent bond using the bond formation in CH3Cl.
- Question 18 - Draw the electron dot structures for:
- Question 19 - What is a homologous series? Explain with an example.
- Question 20 - How can ethanol and ethanoic acid be differentiated on the basis of their physical and chemical properties?
- Question 21 - Why does micelle formation take place when soap is added to water? Will a micelle be formed in other solvents such as ethanol also?
- Question 22 - Why are carbon and its compounds used as fuels for most applications?
- Question 23 - Explain the formation of scum when hard water is treated with soap.
- Question 24 - What change will you observe if you test soap with litmus paper (red and blue)?
- Question 25 - What is hydrogenation? What is its industrial application?
- Question 26 - Which of the following hydrocarbons undergo addition reactions: C2H6, C3H8, C3H6, C2H2, and CH4
- Question 27 - Give a test that can be used to differentiate between saturated and unsaturated hydrocarbons.
- Question 28 - Explain the mechanism of the cleaning action of soaps.
What our students and parents say about us!
Saiyam is using EduSaksham online courses from past one year. He is able to complete his tutorials, worksheets, and assignments on his own. Once he is done with worksheets, he can check his answers and if he has done any mistakes, then he can check the correct answers and explanations. They have been given so well that he is able to understand them himself and rarely he asks us for any clarification. He enjoys using the platform and has learned and improved a lot in Mathematics. I would recommend EduSaksham to all parents who want their kids to learn in a structured way and also enjoy the learning process.
Neeraj (Saiyam's Father)
I would like to thank Edusaksham on behalf of my son Aditya who attended " Math Olympiad crash course for 5 weeks". As per Aditya, this course helped him to understand new topics like Roman numerals and decimal places which were not taught in his school till date and had a better understanding of other topics. I personally thank EduSaksham for all the help and support.
Geeta Bansal (Aditya's Mother)
We had a good experience with EduSaksham. Because sheets are available online, Vedant enjoyed doing more and more sheets without any reminders. I could leave him on his own as he was very much motivated to cover the topics. Practice is very important in maths but it becomes difficult for us to prepare sheets, I am glad we found EduSaksham where in a lot of in a lot of sheets are available for practice and the quality of questions are also good. As it's a venture from IITians we could think of giving it a try and I am glad we tried
Shikha Chowdhary (Vedant's Mother)
I have grown up in a family where my father used to give me practice maths paper every day which I need to finish before I go to play. I think that strong foundation of solving new questions every day helped me to clear my IITJEE exam. But as working women, I always had time challenge to create practice Math papers for my daughter. Thanks to EduSaksham, their questions are so logical and conceptual that I don't feel the guilt of not creating practice questions by myself :). There are plenty of worksheet along with the tutorials for each chapter. It has made parents life easier :) And the best part is my daughter loves doing it. Thank you EduSaksham.