Q&A -Ask Doubts and Get Answers
Questions List of Chapter 1: Light - Reflection and Refraction
- Question 1 - Which one of the following materials cannot be used to make a lens?
- Question 2 - The image formed by a concave mirror is observed to be virtual, erect and larger than the object. Where should be the position of the object?
- Question 3 - Where should an object be placed in front of a convex lens to get a real image of the size of the object?
- Question 4 - A spherical mirror and a thin spherical lens have each a focal length of 15 cm. The mirror and the lens are likely to be
- Question 5 - No matter how far you stand from a mirror, your image appears erect. The mirror is likely to be
- Question 6 - Which of the following lenses would you prefer to use while reading small letters found in a dictionary?
- Question 7 - We wish to obtain an erect image of an object, using a concave mirror of focal length 15 cm. What should be the range of distance of the object from the mirror?
- Question 8 - Name the type of mirror used in the following situations. (a) Headlights of a car. (b) Side/rear-view mirror of a vehicle. (c) Solar furnace. Support your answer with reason.
- Question 9 - One-half of a convex lens is covered with a black paper. Will this lens produce a complete image of the object? Verify your answer experimentally. Explain your observations.
- Question 10 - An object 5 cm in length is held 25 cm away from a converging lens of focal length 10 cm. Draw the ray diagram and find the position, size and the nature of the image formed.
- Question 11 - A concave lens of focal length 15 cm forms an image 10 cm from the lens. How far is the object placed from the lens? Draw the ray diagram.
- Question 12 - An object is placed at a distance of 10 cm from a convex mirror of focal length 15 cm. Find the position and nature of the image.
- Question 13 - The magnification produced by a plane mirror is +1. What does this mean?
- Question 14 - An object 5.0 cm in length is placed at a distance of 20 cm in front of a convex mirror of radius of curvature 30 cm. Find the position of the image, its nature and size.
- Question 15 - An object of size 7.0 cm is placed at 27 cm in front of a concave mirror of focal length 18 cm. At what distance from the mirror should a screen be placed, so that a sharp focussed image can be obtained? Find the size and the nature of the image.
- Question 16 - Find the focal length of a lens of power – 2.0 D. What type of lens is this?
- Question 17 - A doctor has prescribed a corrective lens of power +1.5 D. Find the focal length of the lens. Is the prescribed lens diverging or converging?
What our students and parents say about us!
Saiyam is using EduSaksham online courses from past one year. He is able to complete his tutorials, worksheets, and assignments on his own. Once he is done with worksheets, he can check his answers and if he has done any mistakes, then he can check the correct answers and explanations. They have been given so well that he is able to understand them himself and rarely he asks us for any clarification. He enjoys using the platform and has learned and improved a lot in Mathematics. I would recommend EduSaksham to all parents who want their kids to learn in a structured way and also enjoy the learning process.
Neeraj (Saiyam's Father)
I would like to thank Edusaksham on behalf of my son Aditya who attended " Math Olympiad crash course for 5 weeks". As per Aditya, this course helped him to understand new topics like Roman numerals and decimal places which were not taught in his school till date and had a better understanding of other topics. I personally thank EduSaksham for all the help and support.
Geeta Bansal (Aditya's Mother)
We had a good experience with EduSaksham. Because sheets are available online, Vedant enjoyed doing more and more sheets without any reminders. I could leave him on his own as he was very much motivated to cover the topics. Practice is very important in maths but it becomes difficult for us to prepare sheets, I am glad we found EduSaksham where in a lot of in a lot of sheets are available for practice and the quality of questions are also good. As it's a venture from IITians we could think of giving it a try and I am glad we tried
Shikha Chowdhary (Vedant's Mother)
I have grown up in a family where my father used to give me practice maths paper every day which I need to finish before I go to play. I think that strong foundation of solving new questions every day helped me to clear my IITJEE exam. But as working women, I always had time challenge to create practice Math papers for my daughter. Thanks to EduSaksham, their questions are so logical and conceptual that I don't feel the guilt of not creating practice questions by myself :). There are plenty of worksheet along with the tutorials for each chapter. It has made parents life easier :) And the best part is my daughter loves doing it. Thank you EduSaksham.