Q&A -Ask Doubts and Get Answers
Questions List of Chapter - 1 Motion
- Question 1 - An athlete completes one round of a circular track of diameter 200 m in 40 s. What will be the distance covered and the displacement at the end of 2 minutes 20 s?
- Question 2 - Joseph jogs from one end A to the other end B of a straight 300 m road in 2 minutes 30 seconds and then turns around and jogs 100 m back to point C in another 1 minute.
- Question 3 - Abdul, while driving to school, computes the average speed for his trip to be 20 kmh–1. On his return trip along the same route, there is less traffic and the average speed is 30 kmh–1. What is the average speed for Abdul’s trip?
- Question 4 - A motorboat starting from rest on a lake accelerates in a straight line at a constant rate of 3.0 ms–2 for 8.0 s. How far does the boat travel during this time?
- Question 5 - A driver of a car travelling at 52 km h–1 applies the brakes and accelerates uniformly in the opposite direction. The car stops in 5 s. Another driver going at 3 km h–1 in another car applies his brakes slowly and stops in 10 s.
- Question 6 - Fig 8.11 shows the distance-time graph of three objects A, B and C. Study the graph and answer the following questions:
- Question 7 - A ball is gently dropped from a height of 20 m. If its velocity increases uniformly at the rate of 10 m s-2, with what velocity will it strike the ground? After what time will it strike the ground?
- Question 8 - The speed-time graph for a car is shown is Fig. 8.12. (a) Find how far does the car travel in the first 4 seconds. Shade the area on the graph that represents the distance travelled by the car during the period.
- Question 9 - State which of the following situations are possible and give an example for each of these: (a) an object with a constant acceleration but with zero velocity.
- Question 10 - An artificial satellite is moving in a circular orbit of radius 42250 km. Calculate its speed if it takes 24 hours to revolve around the earth.
What our students and parents say about us!
Saiyam is using EduSaksham online courses from past one year. He is able to complete his tutorials, worksheets, and assignments on his own. Once he is done with worksheets, he can check his answers and if he has done any mistakes, then he can check the correct answers and explanations. They have been given so well that he is able to understand them himself and rarely he asks us for any clarification. He enjoys using the platform and has learned and improved a lot in Mathematics. I would recommend EduSaksham to all parents who want their kids to learn in a structured way and also enjoy the learning process.
Neeraj (Saiyam's Father)
I would like to thank Edusaksham on behalf of my son Aditya who attended " Math Olympiad crash course for 5 weeks". As per Aditya, this course helped him to understand new topics like Roman numerals and decimal places which were not taught in his school till date and had a better understanding of other topics. I personally thank EduSaksham for all the help and support.
Geeta Bansal (Aditya's Mother)
We had a good experience with EduSaksham. Because sheets are available online, Vedant enjoyed doing more and more sheets without any reminders. I could leave him on his own as he was very much motivated to cover the topics. Practice is very important in maths but it becomes difficult for us to prepare sheets, I am glad we found EduSaksham where in a lot of in a lot of sheets are available for practice and the quality of questions are also good. As it's a venture from IITians we could think of giving it a try and I am glad we tried
Shikha Chowdhary (Vedant's Mother)
I have grown up in a family where my father used to give me practice maths paper every day which I need to finish before I go to play. I think that strong foundation of solving new questions every day helped me to clear my IITJEE exam. But as working women, I always had time challenge to create practice Math papers for my daughter. Thanks to EduSaksham, their questions are so logical and conceptual that I don't feel the guilt of not creating practice questions by myself :). There are plenty of worksheet along with the tutorials for each chapter. It has made parents life easier :) And the best part is my daughter loves doing it. Thank you EduSaksham.