Q&A -Ask Doubts and Get AnswersPrevious Next
Reaching the Age of Adolescence
List changes in the body that take place at puberty.
Changes at Puberty:
1. Increase in height – The most conspicuous change during puberty is the sudden increase in the height of boys and girls. During puberty, the long bones (bones of legs and arms) elongate and make a person tall. During puberty, the girls grow faster than boys but by the age of 18 years, both girls and boys reach their maximum height.
2. Change in body shape and appearance
Changes in boys - Boys develop broader shoulder, wider chest, and Adam’s apple (protruding part of the throat). Boys also develop facial hair, mustache, and beard.
Changes in girls – Girls develop broader hips, the region below the waist becomes wider in girls. Girls also develop breasts.
3. Change in voice – During puberty boys develop a larger voice box (larynx). This can be seen in boys as a protruding part of the throat called Adam’s apple. The larynx is small in girls so it is not clearly visible. Boys have deep voices and girls have a very high-pitched voice.
4. Development of pimples and acne on the face – The secretion of sweat glands and oil glands (sebaceous gland) increases during puberty. Due to this pimples and acne are formed on the face during this time.
5. Development of sex organs – During puberty the male sex organs like the testis and penis develop completely. During this time the penis starts producing sperms. In girls, the ovaries enlarge and start releasing mature eggs.
6. Reaching mental, emotional, and intellectual maturity – During adolescence boys and girls become more mature, independent. Adolescence is the time in boys' and girls' life when the brain has the greatest capacity for learning.
Related Questions for Study
What our students and parents say about us!
Saiyam is using EduSaksham online courses from past one year. He is able to complete his tutorials, worksheets, and assignments on his own. Once he is done with worksheets, he can check his answers and if he has done any mistakes, then he can check the correct answers and explanations. They have been given so well that he is able to understand them himself and rarely he asks us for any clarification. He enjoys using the platform and has learned and improved a lot in Mathematics. I would recommend EduSaksham to all parents who want their kids to learn in a structured way and also enjoy the learning process.
Neeraj (Saiyam's Father)
I would like to thank Edusaksham on behalf of my son Aditya who attended " Math Olympiad crash course for 5 weeks". As per Aditya, this course helped him to understand new topics like Roman numerals and decimal places which were not taught in his school till date and had a better understanding of other topics. I personally thank EduSaksham for all the help and support.
Geeta Bansal (Aditya's Mother)
We had a good experience with EduSaksham. Because sheets are available online, Vedant enjoyed doing more and more sheets without any reminders. I could leave him on his own as he was very much motivated to cover the topics. Practice is very important in maths but it becomes difficult for us to prepare sheets, I am glad we found EduSaksham where in a lot of in a lot of sheets are available for practice and the quality of questions are also good. As it's a venture from IITians we could think of giving it a try and I am glad we tried
Shikha Chowdhary (Vedant's Mother)
I have grown up in a family where my father used to give me practice maths paper every day which I need to finish before I go to play. I think that strong foundation of solving new questions every day helped me to clear my IITJEE exam. But as working women, I always had time challenge to create practice Math papers for my daughter. Thanks to EduSaksham, their questions are so logical and conceptual that I don't feel the guilt of not creating practice questions by myself :). There are plenty of worksheet along with the tutorials for each chapter. It has made parents life easier :) And the best part is my daughter loves doing it. Thank you EduSaksham.