Ask for discount
CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus
The CBSE is the central board that conducts the examinations for all students taking their board exams. Science is one subject that can be tricky for a lot of students, especially those taking their first board exams. We, at EduSakham, provide the CBSE 10th Science syllabus in free PDF download so that you can access them as and when you require. We believe in letting students study on their own, and our offerings extend to more than just syllabus papers.
1. Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Chemical equations
- Writing a chemical equation
- Balanced chemical equations
- Types of chemical reactions
- Combination reaction
- Decomposition reaction
- Displacement reaction
- Double displacement reaction
- Oxidation and reaction
- Have you observed the effects of oxidation reactions in everyday life
2. Acids, Bases and Salts
- Understanding the chemical properties of acids and bases
- Acids and bases in the laboratory
- How do acids and bases react with the metals
- How do metal carbonates and metal hydrogencarbonates react with acids
- How do acids and bases react with each other
- Reaction of metallic oxides with acids
- Reaction of a non-metallic oxide with base
- What do all acids and all bases have in common
- What happens to an acid or a base in a water solution?
- How strong are acid or base solutions?
- Importance of pH in everyday life
- More about salts
- Family of salts
- pH of salts
- Chemicals from common salt
- Are the crystals of salts really Dry?
3. Metals and Non-metals
- Physical properties
- Chemical properties of metals
- What happens when Metals are burnt in Air?
- What happens when Metals react with Water?
- What happens when Metals react with Acids?
- How do Metals react with Solutions of other metal Salts?
- The Reactivity Series
- How do metals and non-metals react?
- Properties of Ionic Compounds
- Occurrence of metals
- Extraction of Metals
- Enrichment of Ores
- Extracting Metals Low in the Activity Series
- Extracting Metals in the Middle of the Activity Series
- Extracting Metals towards the Top of the Activity Series
- Refining of Metals
- Prevention of Corrosion
4. Carbon and its Compounds
- Bonding in carbon – the covalent bond
- Versatile nature of carbon
- Saturated and Unsaturated Carbon Compounds
- Chains, Branches and Rings
- Homologous series
- Nomenclature of carbon compounds
- Chemical properties of carbon compounds
- Addition Reaction
- Substitution reaction
- Some important carbon compounds
- Properties of Ethanol
- Properties of Ethanoic Acid
- Soaps and detergents
5. Periodic Classification of Elements
- Making order out of chaos – early attempts at the classification of elements
- Döbereiner’s Triads
- Newlands’ Law of Octaves
- Making order out of chaos – mendeleev’s periodic table
- Achievements of Mendeleev’s Periodic Table
- Limitations of Mendeleev’s Classification
- Making order out of chaos – the modern periodic table
- Position of Elements in the Modern Periodic Table
- Trends in the Modern Periodic Table
6. Life Processes
- What are the life process?
- Autotropic nutrition
- Heterotrophic Nutrition
- How do organisms obtain their nutrition?
- Nutrition in human beings
- Transportation in human beings
- Transportation in plants
- Excretion in Human Beings
- Excretion in Plants
7. Control and Coordination
- Animals – nervous system
- What happens in Reflex Actions?
- Human Brain
- How are these Tissues protected?
- How does the Nervous Tissue cause Action?
- Coordination in plants
- Immediate Response to Stimulus
- Movement Due to Growth
- Hormones in animals
8. How do Organisms Reproduce?
- Do Organisms create exact copies of themselves?
- The Importance of Variation
- Modes of Reproduction used by Single Organisms
- Vegetative Propagation
- Spore Formation
- Sexual Reproduction
- Why the Sexual Mode of Reproduction?
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- Reproduction in Human Beings
- Male Reproductive System
- Female Reproductive System
- What happens when the Egg is not Fertilised?
- Reproductive Health
9. Heredity and Evolution
- Accumulation of variation during reproduction
- Inherited Traits
- Rules for the Inheritance of Traits –
- Mendel’s Contributions
- How do these Traits get Expressed?
- Sex Determination
- An Illustration
- Acquired and Inherited Traits
- Evolution and Classification
- Tracing Evolutionary Relationships
- Evolution by Stages
- Evolution should not be equated with ‘Progress’
- Human Evolution
10. Light – Reflection and Refraction
- Reflection of light
- Spherical mirrors
- Image Formation by Spherical Mirrors
- Representation of Images Formed by Spherical
- Mirrors Using Ray Diagrams
- Sign Convention for Reflection by Spherical Mirrors
- Mirror Formula and Magnification
- Refraction of light
- Refraction through a Rectangular Glass Slab to understand
- The Refractive Index
- Refraction by Spherical Lenses
- Image Formation by Lenses
- Image Formation in Lenses Using Ray Diagrams
Sign Convention for Spherical Lenses
- Lens Formula and Magnification
- Power of a Lens
11. The Human Eye and the Colourful World
- The human eye
- Power of accommodation
- Defects of vision and their correction
- Refraction of light through a prism
- Dispersion of white light by a glass prism
- Atmospheric refraction
- Scattering of Light
- Tyndall Effect
- Why is the colour of the clear Sky Blue?
- Colour of the Sun at Sunrise and Sunset
- Electric current and circuit
- Electric potential and potential difference circuit diagram
- Ohm’s law
- Factors on which the resistance of a
- Conductor depends
- Resistance of a system of resistors
- Resistors in Series
- Resistors in Parallel
- Heating effect of electric current
- Practical Applications of Heating Effect of Electric Current
- Electric power
13. Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Magnetic field and field lines
- Magnetic field due to a current-carrying conductor
- Magnetic field due to a current through a straight conductor
- Right-hand thumb rule
- Magnetic Field due to a Current through a circular loop
- Magnetic Field due to a Current in a solenoid
- force on a current-carrying conductor in a magnetic field
- Electric motor
- Electromagnetic induction
- Electric generator
- Domestic electric circuit
14. Sources of Energy
- What is a good source of energy?
- Conventional sources of energy
- Fossil Fuels
- Thermal Power Plant
- Hydro Power Plants
- Improvements in Technology for using Conventional Sources of Energy
- Alternative or non-conventional sources of energy
- Solar Energy
- Energy from the Sea
- Geothermal Energy
- Nuclear Energy
- Environmental consequences
- How long will an energy source last us?
15. Our Environment
- What happens when we add our waste to the environment?
- Eco-system — what are its components?
- Food Chains and Webs
- How do our activities affect the environment?
- Ozone Layer and How it is Getting Depleted
- Managing the garbage we Produce
16. Sustainable Management of Natural Resources
- Why do we need to manage our resources?
- Forests and wildlife
- Sustainable Management
- Water for all
- Water Harvesting
- Coal and petroleum
- An overview of natural resource management
LATEST OFFERS & PROMOTIONS
CBSE Class 10 Videos
Embrace Better Learning